Everything in this Wiki is contributed by people like you.
If you see something wrong fix it. If you see something missing please add it. The more you participate the better it will be.
(Because of the nature of a wiki, TeachBeyond makes no claim of accuracy for this content.)
Master's of Education Programs
Master’s of Education Programs that offer strong grounding in Biblical worldview:
- Cairn University (http://cairn.edu/) The School of Education began offering an MS in Education degree with an International Education specialization at Cairn’s European Campus in Kandern, Germany, in 1997. In 2011, the MS in Educational Leadership and Administration program offered its first courses in Europe. The European Campus uses the facilities of Black Forest Academy. It is possible to complete the MS in Education program through summer modules in Kandern, Germany, combined with online courses, in two calendar years. Core courses in the MS in Educational Leadership and Administration program are also available at the international location or may be taken online. This program can also be completed in two calendar years. A variety of scholarships are usually available to help reduce the cost.
- Cedarville University (https://www.cedarville.edu/) offers a distinctly Christian online M.Ed. program with convenient eight-week, all-online classes, a cohort-based approach that keeps you on track to accomplish your goal, and full- and part-time completion options.
- Covenant College (covenant.edu) The Master of Education (MEd) is a 30 credit hour program with two specializations: Educational Leadership (EL) and Integrated Curriculum and Instruction (ICI). Both specializations are approved for certification by the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI).
- The MEd requires three weeks on campus (Georgia) each of three summers. Each course consists of three phases: pre-campus, on-campus, and post-campus.
- Pre-campus session: The pre-campus session begins with registration (February-April) and includes significant coursework within a variety of assignments: reading of texts and articles, writing, analysis, data gathering, and reflection. The intent of the pre-campus work is to give background to and prepare students for the on-campus session.
- On-campus session: The on-campus session consists of one intensive week per course on campus during which instructional activities are widely varied. This session occurs for three weeks late June through mid-July. Classes meet 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
- Liberty University (http://www.liberty.edu/) The Department of Graduate Education
- The National Institute for Christian Education (http://nice.edu.au) in Australia has fully accredited (Australian government - through Morling College) grad degrees online for Christian teachers and school leaders – MEd and MEd(Leadership). The courses are based around a Biblical Theology perspective of God’s great narrative as applies in education and biblical worldview assumptions in education (I.e., a philosophy course). All of the other courses are intended to flow out of the foundations set in those two units. The course is 8 units – one year full time if you are really keen! They give fairly good discounts for missionaries and those working in developing countries.